What's it like to work at the DCC?
We’re supporting the transformation of the energy system, which makes DCC a really exciting place to be. We’re working towards our goal of connecting more than 30 million homes and small businesses to our nationwide secure network. You’ll find an environment full of change and innovation, where you’re empowered to speak up and given responsibility from day one. We tackle multiple varied and challenging tasks on a daily basis, as we deliver for our customers and move towards operating the secure nationwide network at scale. Essentially, you’ll be surrounded by passionate people who believe in transforming Britain’s energy and helping everyone to lead smarter, greener lives. If that sounds like something you could get behind, this is the place for you.
What rewards and benefits do you offer?
Hard work deserves great benefits, and we offer our colleagues a range of rewards including:
• Bonus scheme
• Private medical insurance
• Car allowance
• Flexible holidays
• Dental plan
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Unmind membership
• Season ticket travel loan
• Charity days
• Retail discounts
• Discounted gym membership
• RAC discount
• Income protection scheme
See our full range of benefits.
What opportunities for learning and development do you provide?
We offer extensive personal development and training opportunities to everyone – from on-the-job coaching to professional qualifications.
What kind of diversity and inclusion programmes do you offer?
DCC has a commitment to building an inclusive workplace welcoming people of all backgrounds. Not just because it’s the right thing to do. It also makes the company stronger. We draw on differences in who we are and what we we’ve experienced. Among other things, we:
- Offer flexible working arrangements
- Adhere to equitable and transparent recruitment, training and promotion practices
- Acknowledge and honour numerous religious and cultural practices
- Support colleagues as they deepen their awareness of diversity, equality and inclusion issues
- Resource and support diversity and inclusion forums
- Offer a range of employee wellbeing programmes and support
- Regularly seek feedback from our people on a wide range of issues
Do you offer flexible working/working from home?
Hybrid working is our new normal. Many of our people work one to three days in the office and the rest at home.